Thursday, October 9, 2008

Jeff H. Memorial Bike Ride

Last year my friend Jeff talked everyone into getting together and riding in the weekends on our local bike trail. This is how our weekend family and friends bike rides got started. He finally got married last year and went off on his honeymoon. We named a Sunday ride after him, the Jeff H Memorial Bike Ride, since he couldn't make it this time.

It was about this time of the season that we rode in honor of him. The days were getting shorter and cooler. It was also on a late afternoon that we rode on the trail. This time we rode south of Loveland instead of north. The trail was very busy and the day was just gorgeous. Sunny and mild temperatures in the 70's. I wish we rode a little bit more further, it was just that nice to be outside riding a bike.

This time it was Jon, his daughter Violet, my wife Christine, my son Shawn and I that celebrated our Jeff H Memorial Bike Ride. The kids spent an hour playing in the park playground in Loveland. We decided to have dinner after the ride since it was well past lunchtime when we began our ride.

I rode my Optima Baron this time and was delightfully reminded that she is a very fast bike. I've been riding my Bacchetta Strada for most of the summer.

We choose to eat at Big Boys Restaurant for dinner and caught up on what's been going on with our lives. The kids are getting bigger now and soon will have to have their own bikes to ride on the trail.

No comments: