Monday, June 20, 2011

2011 Reds Opening Day Parade

This would be my socond year participating in the Reds Opening Day Parade. The weather was very cold this year, that is why I didn't bring the kids with me this time. The Cincinnati Cycling Club was line number 140. Unfortunately, being this far back in the parade we didn't get to be on TV.

This group was not in our cycling group. They had their own line number.











Me, all bundled up for the cold weather. I cannibalized one of those Reds car flags and clipped it onto the stem of my trike flag.





This cyclist brought his goat bike to the parade.











The fellow on the left was a returning participant, with his folding bike. The fellow on the right is Jim Coppock, the organizer for our group in the parade.






This cyclist is a returning participant from last year. I learned that he's finishing up his last year in college at UC.












Folding bike cyclist showing to the crowd how compact and portable his bike is.

No comments: