Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Caught in the rain

It was one of those days that sooner or later mother nature was going to catch you on your bike and shower you with love. Make that fear and panic, when I got caught on the trail, as thunder, lighting and rain coming down like cats and dogs. The droplets actually felt like rubber bands stinging my face. I actually had to shield my face with my hand, as I raced back to my truck.



These fellow cyclist turned back one mile from my turn-around point. I think they had the right idea.

Skies started to darken as I set out from my starting point.

Another view from my starting point.

Just a mile from my turning point, the skies took a turn for the worst.

One thing I need to remember is to bring an extra pack of clothes just for situations like this. The sad part was, as I arrived at my truck and put everything away, the sky cleared up.

No comments: