Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Bikes and Dogs

Dog clip art created by Dog-Paw-Print.com

Riding on the trail I've seen allot of dogs, with their owner and without. This evening's ride was one of those rides where I've encountered two dogs without their owners.

The first half of my 21 mile short ride I saw a small Terrier. It just barked at me and ran into the woods, hopefully home or it's Coyote food. It had a collar, so it was a house dog.

On the way back, there was a large, long haired, brown dog. It was loose and running along side a rode parallel to the trail. There was a Good Samaritan walking his small dog trying to get a hold of it. But, as soon as it saw me pass by, it clicked into chase mode after me. It was 15 yards away and closing. I yelled out "Get Off the Couch!", which confused it for a second and that gave me enough time to accelerate from 15 mph to 20 mph.

Nothing gets your adrenalin going than seeing a loose dog running after you. I kept the 20 mph pace for about a mile. The dog chasing me disappeared from my rear view mirror after 10 seconds from first contact.

Every ride has it's own characteristic. This one I will title "Two Lost Dogs".

No comments: