Monday, May 12, 2008

First Test Ride on the Strada

I just test rode my Strada for the first time. I like it allot!


The steering and handling is much better than my Baron at low speeds. It's not as fast as my Baron but still as fun to ride. I like the higher sitting stance, it feels more like my road bike.


The Baron is fast, fast, fast, but I still feel a bit vulnerable being so close to the ground. You're eye level with dogs, things that you're able to smell on a regular bike you can definitely smell more on the lowracer and any water on the road will absolutely spray on you.


The 650c wheel might still be a bit high for me. Starting off is a bit tricky, but I guess with more practice it will be second nature. I didn't like the regular seat. I finally felt what they called recumbent butt. On the Baron the hard shell seat distributed the weight evenly, but it was a more reclined position. On the Strada it was more of an upright position and most of the weight was on my butt. I see a Bacchetta Euromesh seat in the future.

No comments: