Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Weekend Obstacles

Last weekend my buddy Jon, his daughter, my son and I rode on the Little Miami Bike Trail. It was our normal Sunday bike ride with a couple obstacles along the way. Jon was hauling the kids on the child trailer as usual.

For the most of the week it has been raining cats and dogs. We weren't even sure if the weekend was going to be good riding weather, but we lucked out. It was a bit windy, which slowed our progress a bit. 

The first obstacle we encountered was a washout of dirt and rocks. Not enough to stop us from going through, but enough to make us slow down to safely pass. The second was a large tree that was uprooted from a hill over the trail. There was no way getting around it, but over it. We somehow lifted the trailer over the tree trunk that was two feet high from the ground.

On the way back I made the mistake of letting my son keep the small cup he was drinking at the local restaurant. In no time he had already taken the plastic cap off and spilled water on his pants. Pretty soon we heard Jon's daughter say, "No Shawn. I don't like it!". Apparently, he was yelling into the cup and point the cup at her. Boys will be boys. We soon stopped and I took his toy away from him.

I rode my Bacchetta Strada again. The steel frame and the touring wheels made the ride super smooth. I think I'll upgrade the tires to a racing version to get more speed out of the bike.

No comments: