Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Weekend Ride


















Today Jon's family and mine rode our usual 18 mile ride with lunch at our favorite restaurant. The weather was so so in the beginning of the day. It was forecasted to be scattered thunderstorms later in the day. We were going to ride later in the afternoon, but we pushed it back early (11 AM) to avoid the possible weather.

This time I took along a couple walkie talkies in order to stay connected to part of the group that was riding slower that Jon and I. It was a good idea if your group separates. I was able to inform my wife that she was going the wrong way, when we headed to the park to let the kids play.

I think I'll buy the Bacchetta seat bag in order to carry more items. At $80 it's actually one of the most affordable bags in the market.

I did tip over during the ride, when I had to stop at a busy intersection on the trail. Learning to shift your gears is key when you're riding a recumbent. I failed to shift to a lower gear when I stopped. When I started to move I didn't get enough forward motion, so I lost my balance and tipped over.

Photos of the ride.


Memorial Weekend Bike Ride from glenn m on Vimeo.

No comments: