Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My impression of my Bacchetta Strada















When I first rode my Strada I fell in love with it. This is definitely a bike that I would keep in my collection.

The steering and handling is much better than my Baron at low speeds. It's not as fast as my Baron but still as fun to ride. I like the higher sitting stance, it feels more like my road bike.

My Optima Baron is fast, fast, fast, but I still feel a bit vulnerable being so close to the ground. You're eye level with dogs, things that you're able to smell on a regular bike you can definitely smell more on the lowracer and any water on the road will absolutely spray on you. Dust and road debris is no stranger when you are that low to the ground. I ran over a small branch once and it almost landed on my stomach.

The 650c wheel might still be a bit high for me. Starting off is a bit tricky, but I guess with more practice it will be second nature.

I didn't like the regular seat. I finally felt what they called recumbent butt. On the Baron the hard shell seat distributed the weight evenly, but it was a more reclined position. On the Strada it was more of an upright position and most of the weight was on my butt. I'll upgrade to a Euromesh seat down the road.

No comments: