Thursday, March 19, 2009

Night Ride 20090316

I decided to ride my Baron lowracer this time around.

Another night ride, but with some company. This time, on my night ride, my buddy Jon and his friend Brian joined me on an evening ride. We rode from Newtown, Ohio to Loveland, Ohio. The pace was a bit faster this time around (18-20 mph). Round trip 27 miles.

On the way up we spotted three deers. We almost hit them as they stared at us coming towards them. The term "deer in the headlights" was true that night. Jon had his Light and Motion Arc light and I used my smaller 900 lumens led flashlight.

Images are references only.

On the way back we saw a large owl. Probably the same large owl Jon and I saw a year ago. Several rabbits and two coyotes ran across the trail from us. The coyotes were the first Jon and I have seen on the trail.
Jon on his Cervelo TT bike.

Brian Duffy (location Milford, Ohio)

The photo comes close to illustrating the type of illumination my small 900 lumen led flashlight gives off.



No comments: