Wednesday, June 18, 2008

First Criterium





























This Wednesday evening I took my son Shawn to his very first bike race. During college I had a friend that raced. On Wednesday evenings he would compete in the local club's criterium race. Since my friend moved to Alabama after college and I moving to the suburbs, it has been years since I've gone back to watch the races.

I wanted to know if the criterium races was still going on, so I went online and posted a topic on my local bike club's website. The members replied and said that it is still going on strong for 25 years.

We sat near the curb and watched as the competitors race by. Shawn was half interested, but he gave a yell every once in a while when the peloton passed by. He's only 3 years old, so it's expected for him to have a short attention span. For the most part we had a good time.

No comments: