Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Strada update


I just got my Strada back from the bike shop yesterday with a few upgrades. First, I had them install a pair of Crank Brothers Candy C clipless pedals. Second, the handlebar stem was shortened down an inch and a half.


At home I installed handlebar tape to the stem and handlebar. The tape thickened the handlebar, to where my computer and mirror fits snugly now.

During the test ride, the clipless pedals help with improving pedaling efficiency and the shortened stem kept the handlebar from obstructing my field of view. The bike still felt sluggish to me, even though I saw a extra 3 mph increase due to the clipless pedals. It seems I had to go anaerobic to get around 20 mph. Unlike on my Baron, reaching 20 mph wasn't a chore. Maybe I need to adjust my seat to get the extra leverage in order to gain that extra power?

The one thing I do know, is that I do not like the current seat the bike has now. It just feels too cushiony. I prefer the hard shell seat that is on my Baron.

No comments: